Florida Corporate Contract Lawyers Protect Your Business Interests
Firm provides comprehensive counsel on business agreements
From the moment a corporation or another type of business entity is formed, its success relies on its ability to negotiate favorable contract terms and finalize enforceable agreements. Regardless of the specific nature of your deal, the Florida attorneys at McCarthy, Summers, Wood, Norman, Melby & Schultz, P.A. can help you protect your interests before and after the contract is signed. From our office in Stuart, our firm provides valuable counsel on contractual matters for clients throughout Florida’s Treasure Coast. Whether you’re looking to draft a shareholder agreement, negotiating the acquisition of another company or seeking to enforce a restrictive covenant, we have the skill and experience to represent you effectively.
Attorneys draft, review and negotiate all types of corporate contracts
Our firm drafts, reviews and negotiates a wide array of corporate contracts, such as agreements relating to:
- Purchases, sales and leases — From major materials purchases to sales and service contracts with customers, we assist with the deals that help you safeguard your profit margin.
- Real estate transactions — Securing the right workspace is a significant step toward business success. Whether you’re looking to purchase a property or are trying to work out a lease, our attorneys deliver sound guidance.
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures — Major moves for your company demand exceptional contract counsel from a law firm with experience handling mergers, acquisitions and joint venture agreements.
- Corporate governance provisions — An integral element of business planning is the creation of internal controls. This is particularly critical for corporations which must abide by laws and reporting requirements set forth by the state where they are registered.
- Vendor, service and licensing terms — Contracts with other businesses for the use of their product, service or intellectual property need to be reliable and might also require flexibility based on certain contingencies.
- Employment terms and restrictive covenants — Our firm helps to draft employment agreements, including sophisticated executive compensation packages. If you are concerned about former employees using information gained while working for your company, we can advise on the creation of restrictive covenants that safeguard confidential information while being drawn narrowly enough to be enforced in court.
- Shareholder and partnership arrangements — We develop buy-sell agreements and other contracts between fellow shareholders and partners so that terms relating to business ownership are clear in case a conflict arises.
By working closely with our clients, we tailor contractual language to their particular needs and provide practical counsel regarding the consequences of specific terms.
Breach of contract litigation
Even the most carefully negotiated contracts can give rise to disputes involving allegations of nonperformance, fraud or other types of misconduct. In these cases, our firm carefully examines the relevant contract provisions and any language referring to potential remedies for a breach of the agreement. Whether the proper resolution of your claim includes liquidated damages, restitution for losses, rescission of the agreement or an order requiring the other party to complete their obligations under the contract, we will work to enforce your legal rights. Our firm also delivers strong advocacy for firms accused of breaking a contract.
Contact an experienced Florida attorney to discuss a corporate contract issue
McCarthy, Summers, Wood, Norman, Melby & Schultz, P.A. advises clients along the Treasure Coast and throughout Florida on a full range of corporate contract matters, including litigation arising from alleged breaches. For a consultation regarding your needs, please call 772-286-1700 or contact us online. Our office is in Stuart.