Stuart Attorneys Offer Counsel on Business Law and Corporate Planning
Skillful firm provides legal support for Florida business and banking clients
Businesses of all sizes face expected and unexpected challenges, but regardless of the particular industry, effective legal counsel is a critical component of a successful operation. Whether you’re making plans for the future or seeking a favorable outcome during a dispute, the experienced attorneys at McCarthy, Summers, Wood, Norman, Melby & Schultz, P.A. provide knowledgeable guidance. From our office in Stuart, we assist Florida businesses in various industries with planning and litigation matters so that companies and their leaders have the support they need to focus on their business goals.
Established lawyers handle a full range of corporate planning issues
Our Treasure Coast firm develops innovative legal solutions to fit unique situations faced by corporations, banks, commercial property owners, partnerships, and businesses. From initial decisions about tax status and choice of a legal entity — such as corporation, partnership or LLC — through succession planning when it is time to move on, our attorneys serve as trusted counsel for a diverse group of client businesses. Whether you need one-time assistance with an immediate concern or long-term advice on risk avoidance or corporate governance, we offer the highest levels of representation and personal service.
Proven advocates pursue favorable results in business litigation cases
Regardless of what field they operate in, businesses can find themselves entangled in legal disputes that distract management and drive down profits. Our firm represents corporate, small business and banking clients in:
- Breach of contract claims — In any field of business endeavor, contracts are essential to a functional organization. If someone has violated the terms of an agreement with your company or you are accused of a contract breach yourself, we’ll analyze the pertinent facts and documents and press for a fair resolution.
- Employment discrimination actions — We assist clients facing allegations of workplace discrimination, both in administrative agencies and in state and federal courts.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes — Conflicts among a business’s owners can escalate quickly and put the entire operation at risk. When handling shareholder and partner disputes, our seasoned attorneys vigorously advocate for our clients’ interests without losing sight of the company’s overall health.
- Cases involving alleged fraud —Whether the situation involves a commercial agreement, customer relationship or something else, parties that are frustrated with the outcome of a deal sometimes alleged that they were victimized by fraud. Misrepresentation cases can be tricky to prove so it’s critical for plaintiffs and defendants in these matters to retain an experienced litigator.
- Business tort matters — We have appeared as counsel on both sides of claims that a business unlawfully interfered with another’s contractual relationship or used other illegal practices. Our litigators analyze the facts and devise a through strategy geared to protecting our clients’ interests.
- Premises liability lawsuits — When a business is sued because someone falls or is otherwise injured on their premises, our firm takes a strong stance in settlement negotiations and at trial, if necessary.
- Other types of civil trials and appeals — We are strategic advocates and experienced advisers handling a full range of civil trials and appeals in state and federal courts.
Whether you are starting a new business or facing challenges to your thriving enterprise, our goal is to help you maximize the effectiveness of your business arrangements and limit the impact of any negative events.
Contact one of our dedicated Florida business attorneys to discuss your issue
McCarthy, Summers, Wood, Norman, Melby & Schultz, P.A. in Stuart delivers sound advice and advocacy on all types of business law issues, including disputes and succession plans. To schedule a consultation with one of our Florida attorneys, please call 772-286-1700 or contact us online.