Our Real Estate Lawyers write Title Insurance; so do non-lawyers. What is the difference?
The difference is huge. Our Real Estate Lawyers evaluate and explain the legal significance of title exceptions, while non-lawyers are prohibited from giving legal advice. Our Real Estate Lawyers are also skilled at review of surveys. Think of it as getting your medical information only from a nurse and not a doctor and having your X-rays viewed only by the nurse.
When making a real estate purchase, it’s important to make sure the property is free of encumbrances, such as:
- Title defects — Problems range from outright forgery to erroneous and inadequate legal descriptions
- Liens — Due to unpaid taxes or bills from contractors
- Co-owner claims — Anyone other than the named seller who has a stake in the property
- Incorrect survey — Mistakes involving the property lines
- Encroachments — Improvements to adjacent parcels that cross your property line
- Unauthorized improvements — Construction on the property for which permits were not granted, which you may have to dismantle
The real estate lawyers in our firm safeguard your interests as a buyer of real property by reviewing land surveys and conducting thorough title searches and examinations to uncover any sources of title defects. Our attorneys look for probate issues, encroachment, easement matters, adverse possession, or other encumbrances and then take effective action to clear title to property. In addition, the firm is an approved agent to write title insurance through the major, well-regarded companies that provide excellent title coverage.
Title insurance is a one-time purchase that protects you against expenses due to title defects and encumbrances. It provides benefits for legal defense and any losses you suffer up to the full value of your property. While private title companies can provide title insurance coverage, our clients get the title coverage plus the benefit of experienced real estate attorneys, often at little or no more expense than what title companies charge.
Contact our Real Estate Attorneys for Title Insurance legal services on the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches
At McCarthy, Summers, Bobko, Wood, Norman, Bass & Melby, P.A., Board Certified Attorneys oversee our Real Estate services. We capably assist buyers, sellers and developers in commercial and residential real estate transactions and litigation. For assistance anywhere along the Treasure Coast, contact the firm online or call us at 772.286.1700.